« Home | A Smart Financial Future... » | A Whole New World... »

Personal Awakening...

You've heard it said... "boys will be boys." Man, is this true. It seems like boys are always causing trouble by putting firecrackers up a bullfrogs ass, knocking out your next-door neighbors window with a baseball, or even breaking an arm falling off a rock. That's just what boys do.

So how come you never hear "girls will be girls?" They have their own mischevious side, don't they? I just can't seem to understand women. So why do I keep trying? I've got a girlfriend, whom I love very much. We get along great, have similar interests, and each of us have similar goals in life. I feel like I understand her... well, most of the time... okay... hell, some of the time.

But women in general, I don't. Today at work, I find out two girls have this fued going on. I call it a fued, but it's really more like one girl has a problem with the other. They've both dated the same guy, and more recently, one split up with the guy, causing a backlash. So how does she deal with her recent break up? By going clubbing in Houston and giving a bunch of dirty potential baby-daddys the other girls phone number. I feel bad for this girl, because she's sweet, keeps to herself, and wouldn't have a rude thing to say if you punched her in the left earlobe. She has guys calling all night... at 3:00 a.m. Not the most ideal of scenarios.

Keeping in mind how little I really know about women, I started wondering about the cute innocent one... is she really as innocent as I think? Probably not, but she's done nothing to prove otherwise for me, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. It just made me realize how lucky I am to have a girlfriend who isn't petty, conniving, or materialistic. She doesn't attract drama, and doesn't put herself in a situation that may cause 'bad aura'.

So here's my conclusion...

I spent a good bit of my night at work trying to figure out what the problem is. Why would a girl, who's now single, lash out at the other girl, simply because she used to date the ex-boyfriend?

How about this... who gives a shit?

As I thought about it, I realized how thankful I am that I don't have to worry about it if I don't want to, because my girlfriend isn't like that. I'm sure I don't tell her enough, but Rebecca's a blessing. I may tell her she's the reason I have high blood-pressure (jokingly, of course), but the truth of the matter is, it would be a lot worse if I was seeing someone with a significantly lower maturity level. There's no way I'd be able to handle that in my daily routine.

I love her... I truly do. Because with her, I don't have to understand women.

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook