« Home | For A Car...? » | Cash And The Kitty... » | Don't Disrespect The Flag... » | Everyone Loves The Cowboys... » | Privacy, Please!! » | "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash..." » | A Mile High Brand Of Baseball... » | My New Favorite... » | Hockey's Back... » | Verizon Sucks... »

Did You Really Not Already Know...?

A Denver school performed health exams on students and sent the results home to parents. By doing so, some kids were informed they were fat.

Not all parents are very happy about it, and I assume the parents of the fat kids are first in line.

9News reported that a mother became upset when her daughter was given an envelope to take home to inform her that her daughter was "overweight." Instead of delivering the letter like she was supposed to, she opened it first.

Not only is the girl fat, but she also can't listen to instructions.

Obviously, I'm agreeing with the school.

Based upon the information in the article, the girl is between kindergarten and 8th grade, meaning her parents likely control her eating habits. Scratch that -- her parents obviously don't control her eating habits, but should.

"My daughter is big boned," said the mother.

Does anyone believe that? Is 'big boned' real, or something to make the fat kids feel better?

My point is simple: obesity is a major problem in this country, and it's precipitated by a lack of self control.

Self control is taught at a young age, and if a child thinks it's okay to eat a pint of ice cream when she feels bad, she's not learning the lesson she needs.

Parents needs to control their child's eating habits, stop them from running around the mall like a wild animal, and teach them sitting in front of a television all day isn't healthy.

Thankfully, the school had the courage to let the parents know. Now, I hope there's some way the parent can be taught to raise their child toward a better lifestyle.

Labels:

Perhaps they ought to run around the mall like wild animals. It will burn calories. I never go to the mall, anyway.

The children who play video games all day, never going outside, are the ones who really get stuck in my craw. It's the beauty of being a kid that you can eat some junk food (though not too much) and know it'll be burned off when you play kickball.

Oh, let me add that I once had to trade shirts with one of my 8-year-old students when Lamar sent us all free t-shirts (Adult size for me, youth large for all of them), because he was too fat to fit in it. I could hardly move my arms.

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook