« Home | Cash And The Kitty... » | Don't Disrespect The Flag... » | Everyone Loves The Cowboys... » | Privacy, Please!! » | "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash..." » | A Mile High Brand Of Baseball... » | My New Favorite... » | Hockey's Back... » | Verizon Sucks... » | The Fat Lady Has Sung... »

For A Car...?

Rebecca and I are both officially Colorado residents.

We both have a drivers license, can vote, and our cars are registered in the state. Everything was normal and easy to transfer, except for the vehicle registration.

I'm not quite sure how Texas determines the price of vehicle registration, but I know I paid roughly $80 a year to keep my car legal.

Colorado, on the other hand, determines the cost by the age of your vehicle, weight, and taxable value. Rebecca went to register her 1997 Saturn and paid less than $40.

It was a relief, because I was thinking we'd be paying twice as much as in Texas, but finding out how inexpensive it was for my wife left me hope.

Until it was my turn.

Imagine my surprise when I was told that my vehicle would cost almost $430 to register!!

My registration expired a few months earlier, which is where I incurred some of the cost, but the taxes and transfer fees were absolutely ridiculous.

That was -- by far -- the biggest check I've written for any vehicle I've ever owned.

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook