« Home | The Records Are Changing... » | The Astros Dealing... » | Knock-Knock-Knockin' On Hammer's Door... » | A Hippie University Earns My Respect... » | My Task Is Complete... » | Bon Jovi Didn't Impress Me... » | My Exciting Life... » | Some Styles Will Never Return... » | My Letter To The President... » | 'Normal' People At The DMV... »

Can The MLS Be Fixed...?

Why isn't soccer as popular in America, as it is in Europe or Mexico?

I spoke with someone today who works for the Colorado Rapids, and he says, "30,000,000 people can't be wrong!"

While Major League Soccer works towards profitability, they're making the correct strides. It's believed that the MLS needs to spend more money on marketing it's superstars, and I support that argument; there appears to be no money spent on lifting it's best athletes.

ESPN advertises the games in broadcasts by telling us, "if you like ___ about football, you'll like ___ about soccer."

Trying to compare soccer to baseball or football won't work. It's futile; people need to appreciate soccer for what it is, not because it's better than another sport.

The Rapids tag is, "Experience the world's game." When I travel to Dick's Sporting Goods Park, I want to experience the game, just as I would in Europe (minus the riots). I want to hear the crowd chant during the match, and see the passion from the athletes.

The new stadiums are amazing and offer fans a place to enjoy a sporting event, but I need to know who I'm watching, and that I'm receiving an authentic soccer experience.

What would a baseball game be without "Take Me Out To The Ballgame," or a hot dog? Or college football without marching bands or rivalries?

When the MLS gives me a true soccer experience, then it will be successful.

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook