« Home | What I'm Thankful For... » | New Places... » | Bye, Facebook... » | I Guess She Ain't That Bad... » | A-Rod, Bonds, Astros, Soccer, and More... » | Close Your Mouth, Eli... » | If I Haven't Played, I'll Never Understand... » | Utter Disrespect... » | No Chubbies... » | Why Not Have Season Tickets...? »

The Ron Paul Revolution...

Did you watch the CNN YouTube Debate?

Do you know we're electing a new President next year?

Ron Paul is a candidate that I secretly want to see win (that doesn't mean I'm prepared to vote for him). However, I don't believe he stands a chance.

Have you heard this guy? The Congressman from Texas is running as a Republican, but don't be fooled - he's Libertarian.

If elected, Ron Paul would eliminate the IRS, Homeland Security, the Federal Reserve, the Department of Education, FEMA and more, calling them "unnecessary bureaucracies." He would withdraw the United States from NATO, the United Nations, UNICEF, and other organizations throughout the world.

Without going into detail (you can educate yourself), Ron Paul is the candidate people are looking for when they're asking for real change in the country - although he may be a bit extreme.

I can't imagine he'll win the election, and I'm not saying I will/won't support his candidacy, but he brings something new, fresh, and "real" to the campaign that the country should notice.

Labels: ,

I have a hard time understanding why anyone wouldn't want to use their vote for what they truly believe in. The most common reason is that voting for a candidate you think won't win is "throwing your vote away." I just want someone to explain to me how voting for something you don't believe in is making good use of what limited say you do have in the political process.

This comment has been removed by the author.

This comment has been removed by the author.

I never said I wouldn't vote for him, but simply said I wasn't prepared to vote for him.

First of all, I don't believe he has a chance to be the Republican nominee, but if I felt he was the best choice, I'd vote for him. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Second, what scares me is his plan to put the U.S. into hiding. He says he's not an isolationist, but his potential decisions make me question that.

In Texas, I voted for Kinky Friedman for Governor, even though he stood no chance.

I'm not scared to "waste" my vote.

That makes sense. We desperately need a return to competent diplomacy. My response was more a general rant against that frame of mind than specifically targeted at you. This might interest you:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul375.html

Chance or no chance, I actually registered Republican for the first time in my life just to vote for him in the primaries.

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook