« Home | A-Rod, Bonds, Astros, Soccer, and More... » | Close Your Mouth, Eli... » | If I Haven't Played, I'll Never Understand... » | Utter Disrespect... » | No Chubbies... » | Why Not Have Season Tickets...? » | Doggie Vids... » | My Favorites Are Better Than Your Favorites... » | My Playlist... One Of Many... » | More Hippie BS... »

I Guess She Ain't That Bad...

Crossroads is one of my favorite shows to catch on TV. The premise is to find two musicians, put them together on stage, and have the artist sing the music of the other, creating duets.

It's fantastic.

Combinations have included John Mayer and Brad Paisley, Ray Charles and Travis Tritt, James Taylor and the Dixie Chicks, and Sheryl Crow and Willie Nelson.

Tonight I caught Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson.

I loved Reba growing up, because she was (and still is) one of the greatest female country singers to grace a stage or play the Opry. She adds emotion and brings truth to music.

Kelly Clarkson, on the other hand, is someone who I originally didn't like, but slowly have been coming around to. In the last couple years, she's proven she belongs, even though she isn't one of my favorite artists.

She's still damn good at what she does, and her music is real - people can relate; she writes it herself.

In 1998, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey sang the theme to the Disney film Prince Of Egypt. Hearing them together made me realize how much more developed and mature Whitney's voice was, compared to Mariah's.

I didn't feel the same way when listening to Kelly next to Reba, and that impressed me.

I doubt my personal revelation is going to win her more awards or bring her extra attention, but it's nice to see my musical taste evolving.

Labels:

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook