« Home | Why Not Have Season Tickets...? » | Doggie Vids... » | My Favorites Are Better Than Your Favorites... » | My Playlist... One Of Many... » | More Hippie BS... » | One Day At A Time... » | I Just Don't Get It... » | Country At It's Best... » | Did You Really Not Already Know...? » | For A Car...? »

No Chubbies...



There was a time when I didn't like this guy, but now I do.

The Anti-Gym is described as a "health and vanity lifestyle boutique," located in Denver, and is causing quite a stir in the media.

Recently, the owner Michael Karolchyk began running television spots (including the video above) that offends lots of people -- mostly fat people, or the parents of fat people.

Originally, I didn't like it because I thought it was terrible marketing -- why offend your target market? After getting more details about his goals, I've altered my thinking.

Karolchyk has been on numerous news outlets marketing his business, as well as pushing to reform legislation; he hopes to make childhood obesity punishable under child abuse laws.

I've yet to determine my position. If you cause a child physical harm (such as hitting them or locking them in a closet), you should be punished. Because people abused at a young age often go on to abuse their children, your teaching them bad methods.

What about teaching your children bad eating and exercise habits? They're unhealthy, ridiculed, and their self-esteem suffers.

But should it be legislated? I'm typically against 'bigger government,' but know it's sometimes the government's job to step in.

There's no doubting the man's narcissism, and his methods are vile. I also question his intentions: make a healthier America or make his business profitable?

Either way, I can't respect a person with no self control -- alcoholism, obesity, and drugs can be controlled if you have the mental toughness to do so.

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook