« Home | Speculation, Lies, And More Confusion... » | Tejada To Houston... » | It Ain't Supposed To Be Like This... » | Gettin' Back To My Roots... » | The Ron Paul Revolution... » | What I'm Thankful For... » | New Places... » | Bye, Facebook... » | I Guess She Ain't That Bad... » | A-Rod, Bonds, Astros, Soccer, and More... »

Better Make It Worth It...

If we don't love Denver, we're sure acting like it.

After a two hour weather delay on Christmas Day, our flight from Houston finally departed. My parents saw this as an opportunity to remind us that snow delays don't happen in the great state of Texas.

Believe me, I haven't forgotten.

As I look back on 2007, more positives happened than the contrary, but I feel less fulfilled.

In January, our move to Denver opened the doors we'd always hoped for. I began a career in sports like I'd always dreamed, and got married to the woman I love. As the year ends, we have financing in place for our first home, and we'll begin our search soon.

We've met good people, grown as individuals, and my wife is closer to completing her degree. Also, Colorado has given Rebecca the peace of mind to know her family is nearby.

Maybe it's because we haven't taken advantage of what Denver has to offer, or maybe I had a hard time adjusting from 80-hour work weeks after graduation, to the traditional day job my new career has provided.

As 2008 nears, we've decided we'll sit and prepare a set of goals. They'll probably revolve around the F's.

Family
Faith
Finance
Free-time

Going into the new year, I feel confident that life's going to continue to get better, and we'll see significant progress. We're getting better at planning, which will help our finances, and if we can grow within ourselves, with our families, and with our maker, we'll be better people.

Free-time is nice, as long as we're constructive. Too much TV won't do much good, but reading a few more books should do the trick.

Does Fine Wine count as an F? I could always use more of that.

And as the plane nears Denver International Airport, the pilot just stated we're 150 miles from Denver, where the temperature is 16.

Fun. That's another F. In Houston, it was 60.

16 degrees? Makes me think of another F-word.

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook