« Home | I Can't Escape The Hippies... » | ABC to Spin-Off Grey's Anatomy... » | From Washington, To Hollywood, and Back To Washing... » | Sandler's New Look... » | Maybe The JP Was A Good Idea... » | Shaq, The Fitness Expert... » | Fox Rox... » | So Obvious, ABC Could Do It... » | Football Never Ends... » | Roleplaying Like A Politician... »

Barroom Woes...

love the apartment Rebecca and I chose. I love the location, the restaurant and bar options nearby, the price, and the neighborhood.

The place certainly has it's drawbacks.

Our place is small -- quite small. Not cramped, necessarily, but it doesn't allow us to have unnecessary furniture.

As a matter of fact, it doesn't really allow us to have some necessary furniture, either.

We don't have room for a kitchen table, nor do we have space for a desk. We could probably make room, but our furniture is too big to squeeze everything in.

The only time I find myself needing such items are when I need workspace. Sitting on a sofa isn't the most efficient place to crunch numbers, so I typically end up on an hour long crusade trying to find a restaurant or bar that:

A. Has free WiFi access
B. Has good food and Sam Adams
C. I've yet to try.

Tonight, being Friday night, it's difficult to find a place at any bar. I don't feel like a Starbucks, or Panera Bread, so as I speak, I'm sitting in the middle of Charlie Brown's Piano Bar inside the Colburn Hotel.

I've been here before, so I've already broken one of my rules, but this place is great. It's old, kinda dingy, dark, and has a piano player in the corner plunking along on the keys. Unfortunately, there's no WiFi access. I thought I could mooch off the hotel.

Not so much.

So I'll probably finish my beer and get to the next place.

Too bad I don't know the city better, because every restaurant or bar I drive by is packed.

Damn. This place would be perfect if they just had WiFi!

So as the piano man bangs out "The Girl From Impanema," and a 60+ year old man -- who was just making out with Johnnie Walker -- tries to sing the song in Portugues, I'm left thinking there's probably some magic way I could get access to T Mobile's EDGE Network through my phone's Bluetooth, but I'm no that tech savy.

If he takes requests, maybe I'll ask for "Fly Me To The M

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook