« Home | It'll Get Easier... Right? » | Astros Make A Move... » | The Astros Lose A Step? » | One More For Her... » | Rollin' With Saget... » | Big-Boy Shoes... » | Finding My Folly... » | Tap The Rockies... » | What Makes College Football Great... » | It Just Doesn't Stop... »

The Tap Runs Out...

Tonight's the big night I've been waiting for, and it's bittersweet. After nearly four years of employment at Carrabba's, it's about to come to an end.

It's been a nice run, and I have gained great relationships, but it's time to move on. I've made excellent money while in college, made great friends, met wonderful people, gained knowledge of the business world, and learned to respect alcohol.

I see my life in three phases: growing up, the maturation process, and retirement. Tonight will officially end the first phase of my life, while at 25 I should be officially grown up. I suppose a degree will catapult you to the next level, because there are no more fraternity parties, late night study sessions, or drinking beer at the bar after a long shift.

Actually, the beer drinking might continue, but hopefully that'll change to late nights at the office, dinner with the family, and going to a ball game.

I really am getting old(er).

But for the first time since I have begun the restaurant business, I won't have to leave my family on Christmas Eve to be at work, or spend New Year's Eve with a glass of cheap champagne, my boss, and the late-night dishwasher. This year I will actually see my family, and watch the ball drop with my friends, sealed with a kiss at midnight by my fiance.

While some doors close, others open. Thankfully, I feel prepared for what's behind it.

Labels:

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook