« Home | What Makes College Football Great... » | It Just Doesn't Stop... » | Gettin' Kinky In Texas... » | Deep In My Heart... » | Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy... » | Chuggin' Along... » | What's A Guy To Do...? » | Keeping Perspective... » | As I See It... » | Houston Means That I'm One Day Closer To You... »

Tap The Rockies...

There's no greater view of the world than being in an airplane looking over a city below.

I'm currently sitting at cruising altitude of 30,000 feet with the most spectacular view of the city of Denver and Rocky Mountains in the distance. Adding the love of my life in the seat next to me, and it couldn't be any more perfect.

Unless I was celebrating an Astros World Series victory with a Samuel Adams Boston Lager in my hand.

I'll settle for the view and the lovely lady.

We just spent seven days in the Mile High City, and now it's time for our return to Texas. Each and every time I take a trip to Colorado, I don't want to leave. This was no exception.

Our goals were to finalize housing, conduct job interviews, and catch up with family. It couldn't have gone more perfect. We found the perfect apartment in downtown Denver, about four blocks from where I had my second (and most favorable) interview. Top that off with getting a warm-up Thanksgiving dinner with my future in-laws (including a kick-ass pumpkin pie), I considered calling in sick to life in Beaumont.

Our apartment of choice is called Uptown Square. It began as a building that was a renovated hospital, then grew to several additional buildings on one property, with each being four stories tall. It isn't overpriced, has gated parking in a private building, requires state-of-the-art clearance to enter the property, and a rooftop terrace overlooking downtown.

We searched for four days inside the city of Denver and into northern towns like Westminster and Thornton, finally choosing the perfect location. It's going to be a bit small, but if we snatch the jobs we hope for, we'll upgrade to a larger place before making the 1,200 mile trek into the Rockies.

I can't wait to call it my home.

Labels:

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook