« Home | Here... Finally... » | Halfway There... » | Spreading Holiday Cheer... » | The Tap Runs Out... » | It'll Get Easier... Right? » | Astros Make A Move... » | The Astros Lose A Step? » | One More For Her... » | Rollin' With Saget... » | Big-Boy Shoes... »

If Momma Ain't Happy...

When you move 1,200 miles away, the last thing you want is for your mother to be upset. When the temperature is less than 10 degrees, momma ain't happy.

From the time we began the drive to Denver until they flew back to Texas, my parents dealt with everything, and very little of it was positive. My mother and I were both sick on the drive up, so spending your nights in a hotel room with your face in the toilet doesn't lead to happy beginnings. Adding the distance we had to unload from the rental truck to the new apartment wasn't easy, and weather that hits 3 degrees can complicate your evening activities.

One night, we traveled 100 miles north to Cheyenne to have dinner with Rebecca's parents, to return at 1:00 A.M. in the middle of a snow storm. The 100 mile trip took 2 1/2 hours, ending at 3:30 AM, but not before my mother saw my fiance and I complete two 360's as my car spun in the middle of the highway because of the snow. Luckily, no one was injured. Then an avalanche covers the news as my parents are flying home.

I'm not quite sure how comfortable my mother is, having her oldest son such a long distance away, but my father was a trooper. I suppose my mother did good, as well, given the circumstances.

The goodbye was much easier than I anticipated, but I already miss my family dearly. I want to be selfish and tell my parents to buy a couple plane tickets and return in a couple months, but I suppose that decision should be theirs.

Many challenges lie ahead, but Rebecca and I have laid the groundwork for many of them to bring positive outcomes. We asked for the opportunity, now we have to take advantage.

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook