« Home | I Laugh... » | Grand Theft Auto... » | I Love That Name... » | He's Not A Cheater. Get Over It... » | Are We Ever Gonna Buy A Home...? » | There's No Reason To Speak To You... » | Can The MLS Be Fixed...? » | The Records Are Changing... » | The Astros Dealing... » | Knock-Knock-Knockin' On Hammer's Door... »

Finding A Groove...

I'm getting lazy with my blogging. That's no good.

Something changed fairly recently, and I'm not sure why, but it's causing my writing deficiency.

I feel like my life is becoming less interesting.

On the phone while talking to my parents, they'll ask what's new in my life, and I usually reply with some clever line about my life becoming boring. My wife never likes to hear that, and when she brings me back to reality, she's usually correct. We have a life: we still see concerts, go to sporting events, spend evenings with friends, and play soccer on Friday -- but something feels different.

Maybe it was the change from working 15 hours a day while finishing college to have the evenings off. Maybe it's the reduction in our friends. Could the change from Texas to Colorado be the culprit?

It's probably a combination of the three.

I enjoy my job, and love the company I work for, but I'm dying for a 60-hour work week. I want to make decisions that determine whether the company makes millions of dollars.

Fortunately, the advancement opportunities are there; I simply have to bide my time.

In the process, I wait, and hopefully try to keep my life interesting.

My wife is busting her ass in school -- and I'm proud of her for it -- but it doesn't give us lots of free time together. I don't like leaving her at home while I go out with friends.

Maybe it's time to do more volunteer work, or learn to play the guitar.

Labels:

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook