« Home | Blog Junkie... » | Did He Really Say That...? » | Lessons Learned -- But At The Expense Of A Child? » | Betcha Didn't Know Beaumont Was This Interesting... » | Don't Judge Me » | Less Than Two Hours... » | Uhm, I'm With The Band... » | Another Round... » | When (Texas) Country Comes To Town... » | Quick Shots... »

Tomorrow Has Finally Come...

Rebecca and I have been considering a move to Denver, and we're looking at moving sooner rather than later.

I'd like to get out of Beaumont and into a larger city when I graduate, and she'd like to be closer to her family (who are in Cheyenne, Wyoming).

We found out this afternoon that Rebecca has been accepted into the fashion school at Johnson & Wales, the Denver campus.  It's become a lot more plausible we'll be leaving Texas around January.

Rebecca's been getting nervous about making another move, and constantly asks questions about how we'll pay for her education, how I'll begin a career, fund the move 1200 miles away, make new friends, leave my family, and at the same time, prepare for a wedding.

My answer to her has simply been "one step at a time."  Since she's been accepted, it's time to take the next step.

This is when I get nervous.

Do I want to leave Texas?  No, nor do I want to leave my family.  But Rebecca made such a large sacrifice, leaving her family and moving to Texas, and there are so many advantages awaiting, including my heterosexual lifemate, Rebecca's family, and a positive job outlook.

This is when things start to get tough.  As much as I've loathed a person for complaining about what we don't have in southeast Texas, while at the same time, not having the courage to move away -- it's now come full circle.

It's now my time to have the courage to get away.

It's time to take the next step.

Labels:

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook