« Home | Make Up Your Mind... » | Oh... My... God... » | Life's New Necessities... » | Do Collegiate Athletes Deserve A Piece Of The Pie? » | A Big 'D'epature... » | Am I Really Speechless...? » | Cold Day... » | If Momma Ain't Happy... » | Here... Finally... » | Halfway There... »

Change Of Heart...

Rebecca and I are watching Nashville Star on USA and I've finally decided that these shows aren't as harmful to the music business that I once believed.

While I've never liked the fact that a person can win a contest and get a record deal, a recent live performance on television by Hinder has changed my mind.

I heard them perform "Lips Of An Angel," and lead singer Austin Winkler was terrible. That was my turning point. There are lots of musicians that sound great in a studio, but terrible on stage.

If a band like Hinder -- who has a great album, yet terrible vocal ability -- can have a chart topper, then why can't someone from Nashville Star, or even American Idol?

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook