« Home | Change Of Heart... » | Make Up Your Mind... » | Oh... My... God... » | Life's New Necessities... » | Do Collegiate Athletes Deserve A Piece Of The Pie? » | A Big 'D'epature... » | Am I Really Speechless...? » | Cold Day... » | If Momma Ain't Happy... » | Here... Finally... »

You're Hired... And Promoted!

It seems the job search is over for both of us.

Rebecca was hired last week by a boutique called Roxy, located in the Cherry Creek neighborhood just south of downtown Denver. While most of you aren't familiar with the location, just know that as of the 2000 census, the mean household income was $92,236.93. Around here, price is not an option.

Originally, they offered little hours, but good pay. That all changed, as within four days of her employement, she's been promoted to assistant manager. She's excited, and it should offer a great opportunity.

I, on the other hand, am finally able to leave the restaurant business for good. While it's been great to me, it's time to move on.

I've been hired by a company called Katz Media Group, which is a subsidiary of Clear Channel. I'll be working in the Continental Television Sales division, as an assistant to the Vice President.

Basically, advertisers call us and identify the markets they want their spots run, and we simply broker the deal. Finding an entry-level position in marketing with no outside sales or cold calls is difficult in this market with my experience level. Luckily, I won't have to do that.

It's comes with full benefits, including paid vacations, 401(k), and insurance, and it's a good stepping stone, as the position will open doors for the future.

Hopefully, I'll keep this position for 1-2 years, then continue in radio or some other media outlet.

I look forward to getting started. It seems like Rebecca and I are putting the final pieces together for our new life in Denver.

Let's hope we can surpass the expectations we've placed on ourselves!

Labels: ,

Contact Me

Google Adsense



The Addiction


Join Me On Facebook